Monday, 6 October 2008

Working in Jo'burg

As I mentioned last post I have been working in Johannesburg. We have a client down here and it looks like I might have a couple more trips lined up. So obviously I had a great time over the weekend on safari but I have also had a great time in Jo'Burg. The client we are working with is great, our accomodation is nice and we have been out for some fantastic meals!

I was a little wary coming here with everything I had heard about how dangerous it is and not to play it down but it appears with the right precautions things are ok. When I say precautions that means huge fences with barb/razor wire, electric fencing on top of that, bars on the windows and of course making sure that everything is locked all of the time. I think if I spent a lot of time down here that I would loose it because you cant just go for a walk... people drive everywhere here! I have only seen one white face on the street so far and she was jogging with two enormous body guards!

I have however managed to find Sandton City - this is a luxury shopping area and with the Rand being very weak at the mo the shopping is quite great! I made a quick trip and came away with a top and some new shoes... suprise suprise! I will keep updates on anything new and exciting that I do while I am down there or atleast noteworthy purchases!

No comments: