Tuesday, 28 July 2009

Home!

Well we are home.... have been back in NZ now for a month - I know very slack of me to get this updated but we have had lots on!We left London on the 21st of June after a great farewell night at Richie & Mon's before hitting the airport. We were lucky enough to get upgraded to Business Class for the flight home and I think it is fair to say that I am now ruined for any long haul flight!

We had a brilliant trip - feet up the whole way and we both managed to get plenty of sleep which was refreshing so when we got off the plane we were rearing to go! We raced through Customs and in true NZ style only took us 20mins from the plane to the arrival gate with all of our luggage collected and biosecurity checks in place - awesome, loving business class even more at that point for the priority treatment!

After a teary catchup with mum and dad we headed back to Cambridge to settle in and spend some time with the family! I had to shoot to Nelson for a week for work, a last minute addition to the trip but after that I am officially on leave and now awaiting the arrival of our little man!

So the past month has been packed with midwife appointments (we are very lucky to have a wonderful lady), antenatal classes (what a waste of time but ok had to be done..), baby showers (one for me and one for Erin), catching up with friends and trips to the Coromandel to see our fabulous bach!
We are now back in Cambridge and are playing the waiting game, two weeks and counting however anyday now would work for me....

No comments: