Sunday morning came round really quickly and it was time for some shut eye – we then packed the tent up and headed back to London town... Our exit had to be as impressive as our stay at the festival so we departed in style by hovercraft back to the main land! Nice one!
Friday, 20 June 2008
Living Large at the Isle of Wight!
Well I couldn’t let Nae take all the glory for this blog so I think it’s about time I entered a little something something...
Anyway after big plans for Nae & I and a few others to head down to the infamous Isle of Wight Festival, a spanner was thrown into the works! Nae had to pull out due to work commitments, this changed things a bit cos with Nae not going I couldn’t actually rely on her to get me organised! So it was a quick brush up on my camping skills.... with a tent, toilet roll and couple of beers in the bag we were off. Jase, Liz, Paula and I decided we would leave on Thursday afternoon so we could get a great camping spot, so after a 1.5 hour train ride and a quick trip on the ferry we were there – but it seemed that everyone else had the same idea as us! So after setting the tents up way way way down in the back corner with inches to spare between us and the neighbours we were ready to rock and roll.
Friday came round with the arrival of Rich, Mon and Jon in the afternoon and by this time things were really full steam ahead! So off to the main stage we trekked to watch the main acts Kaiser Chiefs, KT Tunstall then continued into the evening partaking in some of the local attractions.
Saturday began with a very slow morning before we headed straight to main stage area getting ready for the evening line up of Sex Pistols, Kate Nash, Amy Macdonald and also The Australian Pink Floyd. This was really amazing stuff.....Funnily enough I also made my second television appearance (the first one being the Running of the Bulls segment on TV3 last year) when I was asked to do an interview with ITV2 (a UK channel), so after a quick check with my manager and signing a waiver I was quickly whisked away for some camera prep and then Take One - SNAP...... just like the movies! As you can all imagine I was a natural… it was all a bit random and I am not sure why they asked me... oh well another one for the blog though ahey!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment