So I am sitting in Tampa, Florida waiting for Shane to arrive and thought I would take the opportunity to update the blog with my ‘American’ life over the past few weeks! I have been set up in a great apartment in a lively area of Tampa – My apartment is on an Island and I look out over the canal which is full of flash boats and lined with restaurants and bars!
I have started work and am settling in well. I have been doing lots of training, learning the new product as well as understanding the company and the way that they like to operate. Being a privately owned company this is a bit of a shift from having worked for Epicor for the last 12 months or so but I think it is going to be quite a positive experience. There are a couple of girls from Australia that have started as well so we have formed a little alliance and have been hanging out together which has been great!
Anyway I have made a point of keeping busy and with the girls help have found some great shopping! Yep everything over here is a bargain – particularly when you are spending pounds! I have managed to make the most of the ‘maaaaalls’ – both standard and outlet and have Shane bringing over another bag to take my bits and pieces home! But for a flavour I have bought a couple of designer handbags and plenty of shoes, not to mention all the clothes and stuff for Shane… glorious!
We have also been out to sample some of the culinary delights Tampa has had to offer and have found that you can pretty much get a side of ‘Mac & Cheese’ everywhere you go – bizarre! I went out with work one of the Sunday’s and we went to the Florida Aquarium – the highlight was definitely seeing an Alligator… now I just need to see them in the wild. Apparently visiting any given golf course or park in the area will allow for that!
Last night we headed out to an Italian restaurant just below my apartment and had a great meal. We meet the owner and another patron Francesco who got up and say some Italian songs for the Kiwi and Aussie girls… That’s Amore was among the playlist – fantastico! He ended his set with lots of hugs and kisses for the girls! Very funny! All in all am settling in well although I cant wait to see the boy! Ciao!
No comments:
Post a Comment